From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Raul A. Gallegos
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:56 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: privacy concerns - was - Get an extra 1 GB of Dropbox storage
by syncing it to Mailbox | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Hi, coming in late on this, but yes I suppose you are right. Although I
don't fully agree with everything you say, you do bring up valid points.
What I do to stay safe is make sure I don't use the same passwords for
multiple services. I also still use location services, but if an app doesn't
really need them, then i don't allow it. For example, I give access to
location services to my GPS navigation apps as they are useless without that
access, but I don't give it to my Music ID app which is used to identify the
song I'm listening to at a restaurant, mall, or girlfriend's house. it's
good to stay same smart, but it can also quickly turn into paranoia if not
careful.

I think I'll go re-read 1984 now. <smile>.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. - Sheldon Cooper Twitter and