1,000Mb is 1Gb.

Phone capacities are quoted in Gb or GigaBytes, hope it's bytes and not 
byts;  I've been caught on that before.

So phones are 16Gb/32Gb/64Gb; pen drives are getting even bigger now. 
Desktop PC's have mechanical hard disk, great deal bigger, great deal faster 
I was going to say, but not true for good  solid state memory.  But power 
consumption is the thing, a PC is hooked to the mains, so keep your 
thousands of films on the PC and copy a few at a time to the phone when you 
need them.  My total music collection so far still doesn't exceed 16Gb, so I 
don't find it an issue.
My total text/info collection fits on one pen drive, not even a big one by 
modern standards.

Rh.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Regina Alvarado" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:09 PM
Subject: MB versus GIGS, etc.


Hello all,
Have a question which may be comparing oranges to apples, no pun intended :) 
On iPad, iPhone Mac, etc. I see talk of 16 MB 32 MB etc. On the other hand, 
Windows has 1 terabyte hard drives. Never have I seen the Apple products say 
gig or Terabyte. Can someone clear these differences up for me? I understand 
smart phones have smaller drives, but do the windows phones or even Android 
talk in MB? Also, do you think I would be better to upgrade to a 32 or 64? I 
have deffinitely found I use my phone more for things other than calling. I 
will also be receiving an iPad shortly. Will it also be in MB? Sorry for all 
the questions, but I want to understand. Thanks to anyone who can tackle 
these questions for a non-techie brain!


Reggie and Allegra

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google 
Group.

Post a new message to VIPhone by emailing [email protected].

Search and view the VIPhone archives by visiting 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.

Reach the VIPhone owner and moderators by emailing 
[email protected].

Unsubscribe and leave VIPhone by emailing 
[email protected].

More VIPhone group options can be found by visiting 
http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google 
Group.

Post a new message to VIPhone by emailing [email protected].

Search and view the VIPhone archives by visiting 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.

Reach the VIPhone owner and moderators by emailing 
[email protected].

Unsubscribe and leave VIPhone by emailing [email protected].

More VIPhone group options can be found by visiting 
http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to