From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 12:22 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Two-finger double tap, was: Re: bard questions

Hi DJ,

I have a stereo Bluetooth headset which has Play/Pause functionality and I
have not experienced the issue you describe. When you mention a book, do you
mean an Audio Book or do you mean a book you are reading with, for example,
Voice Dreamreader?

I primarily use the Audible app and if I start a book playing in that app,
both the 2-finger double tap as well as my Bluetooth headset consistently
pause and play the book and my reading position is always where I left off.

There are, however, many variables if you are listening to an audio book in
MP3 format using the music app. You have to make sure when you sync the book
from iTunes that you select all the files of the book, then press Control+I
and in the Get Info dialogue go to the options tab, specify that this is an
audio book and not nusic and select to remember the playback position. Like
I said, until you provide more information as to which app you are using,
the type of book and the format it is hard to give you more suggestions.

One thing that has happened a few time on my 4S since I upgraded to iOS 7 is
that sometimes the 2-finger double tap or the Play/Pause button is not
working at all. If this happens I usually reboot my phone and that clears it
up.