They should show up in the Bookshelf in the BARD Mobile app, which is where you're looking. The instructions I saw yesterday said that you may have to remove the BARD Mobile app from the App Switcher and then start it up again to see new books you've added through iTunes. The fact that the BARD site is down due to the US government shut down may also be figuring into this.