I checked out the 5 s and the 5 c at an Apple store. As far as the outside, the 5 s looks exactly like the 5. The one difference is that there is a ring around the home button for the finger print scanner. The 5 c is rather interesting. Since it's plastic, I was wondering how it would feel, and it actually is quite good. Definitely well built. One thing I don't like is that other countries get the unlocked version of the 5 s right away, but, just as in the past, the unlocked version of this phone will not be in the Apple stores for a while.