I have a useful procedure to share.

To export a file from DropBox, you must first make the file a favorite,
which means it can play on the phone and not through the Internet.

Here are the steps I took with Melanie Peskoe's guidance:

1. Double tap the mp3 in DropBox and it will play;

2. flick to Add to  Favorites and double tap. Then the button changes to
Remove from Favorites, so you know you have added the file as a Favorite
correctly.

3. Let file continue to play 3-5 minutes. Then look at the Export button in
the bottom right corner of the screen. It is no longer dimmed.

4. Double tap the Export Button.

5. Flick through your apps that can play MP#3 files  till you come to the
one you want, in my case, Speed Up.

6. Double tap the app you want to export to.

7. After a second, the file stops playing in the native app and starts over
in Speed up.

If Speed Up does not show up in the apps you flick through after pressing
the Export button, Speed Up has not been given permission to access DropBox.
I did this at about 4:00 a.m. when I was sleepless and can't remember how I
got there. But try the above without giving permission and see if it works.

I am about to ask wise minds on this list how to give Speed Up Permission to
access DropBox.

HTH.

Terrie