Hello Pablo,

Here is an explanation from Wikipedia of what you're seeing.

Cheers,

Anne

Since the early 2000s most consumer hard drive  capacities are grouped in
certain size classes measured in gigabytes. The exact capacity of a given drive
is usually some number above or below the class designation. Although most
manufacturers of hard disk drives and flash-memory disk devices define 1
gigabyte as  1 000 000 000 bytes , software like  Microsoft Windows  reports
size in gigabytes by dividing the total capacity in bytes by  1 073 741 824  (2
30  = 1 gibibyte ), while still reporting the result with the symbol "GB". This
practice causes confusion, as a hard disk with an advertised capacity of, for
example, " 400 GB " (meaning  400 000 000 000 bytes ) might be reported by the
operating system as only " 372 GB " (meaning 372 GiB). Other software, like Mac
OS X 10.6 and some components of the Linux  kernel measure using the decimal
units. The JEDEC memory standards  uses the IEEE 100 nomenclatures which
defines a gigabyte as  1 073 741 824 bytes  (or 2 30  bytes).
The difference between units based on decimal and binary prefixes increases as
a semi-logarithmic  (linear-log) function—for example, the decimal kilobyte
value is nearly 98% of the kibibyte, a megabyte  is under 96% of a mebibyte,
and a gigabyte is just over 93% of a gibibyte value. This means that a 300 GB
(279 GiB) hard disk might be indicated variously as 300 GB, 279 GB or 279 GiB,
depending on the operating system. As storage sizes increase and larger units
are used, these difference become even more pronounced. Some legal challenges
have been waged over this confusion such as a suit against Western Digital
Western Digital settled the challenge and added explicit disclaimers to
products that the usable capacity may differ from the advertised capacity.