Hi,
This bug was introduced in IOS 7.0. I've tried to find a workaround for it but couldn't do anything but clear out the field in question and re-enter the information. It's a major annoyance. Definitely write to accessibil...@apple.com about this, and encourage anyone you know who experiences this to do likewise. If enough people do, maybe Apple will take cqare of it. You will very likely get an e-mail back from them which is of the standard form letter variety: yes, we're aware of it and are looking into it and bla bla bla, but at least your e-mail will be acknowledged.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gadget Girl Anita" <geek.gadgetg...@gmail.com>
To: "V Iphone Email List" <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:33 PM
Subject: Cannot edit text field in contact cards

Hello listers! I recently created another contact card. After noticing VoiceOver added jibberish, I clicked on the edit button and attempted to make the correction. To my surprise, I was not permitted to make any corrections, although the text field was editing. I then had a sighted person try to make the correction. The cursor wouldn't move and there were no clicking sounds as we swiped a finger. The text box just would not edit! I ended up deleting the contact card and starting over.

Anyone run into this issue, if so, any work around, when this occurs? This is the second occurrence. Could it be an IOS 7 bug? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards,
Gadget Girl Anita

Sent from my Apple gadget.  Apple, take a bite, express yourself.

Search and view the VIPhone archives by visiting http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/.

Reach the VIPhone owner and moderators by emailing viphone+ow...@googlegroups.com.

More VIPhone group options can be found by visiting http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en. --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.