Hi, here's how I understand things to work. Keep in mind I have not had to do
it,, so its probably best to Google it, but this should get you started.

If you use different log-ons on the same computer, The iTunes database is
associated with that specific log-on. So as long as you log in to your user
account before connecting your phone and your partner does the same, you will
be fine.

The other way to have separate iTunes accounts on the same pc, note you don't
need different log-ons for this procedure. I can't remember the exact key, but
if you hold down either the control or the shift key while starting Itunes,
it will ask you which account you want to use. The first time you do this,
because there isn't a second account, you will be asked to create one. After
you have chosen the account that iTunes should use, then connect the
appropriate phone.

Hope this helps get you started.

Sent with Siri from Brett's iPhone