Because I am still on iOS 6, I have not yet experienced this difference.
However, I believe I would prefer voice over not to break up the speech and
read things strangely. I find I can catch most of the dictation errors by
carefully listening to the speech as it is read back to me in my dictated
messages. This would be much harder if words and letters were broken up and
pronounced strangely.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone