To turn on touch typing first go inside of a edit field message email ETC next use two fingers to switch the rotor like a dial then look for typing modes then swipe up or down to switch to touch typing

-----Original Message----- From: Andrew Lamanche
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 12:24 PM
To: VIPhone
Subject: New to iPhone - typing text efficiently

Listers,

My iPhone 5C had arrived yesterday, and due to your past support and the information so devotedly published in many places by the generous users of iDevices, I had succeeded in setting it up. What a relief and joy!!! I've had some time today to play with it, and at the moment, the only trouble I seem to have is to type text efficiently so that it doesn't take me for ever. I see that some of you write fairly long messages to the group, others compose documents in Pages etc. How on earth do you accomplish it? An external bluetooth keyboard is not an option for me other than at home but then I have my computer which has a qwerty keyboard.

I had great hopes for Braille Touch app but I have just realised how difficult it is to hold it in the way recommended and at the same time use the fingers to produce letters. I failed miserably! also, as others had mentioned, my right hand blocks the speaker so it is very discouraging. I had better luck with Fleksy. I turned my phone landscape and was able to use most of my fingers to type with a degree of accuracy provided my phone rested on the table.

The iPhone native keyboard is very small indeed. I tried to find where I could change typing mode but it seems to be missing from the settings, or am I missing something? On the iPad you can change typing mode from split tap which I find slows me down, to touch typing which is a bit more efficient. I know it's early days for me but answering text messages and writing short e-mails is something I need to do fairly quickly.

I tried Siri for the first time, and I'm [proud to say that I had managed to send a text, place a phone-call and ask for my location. Siri couldn't always understand me though.

The volume up and down buttons do not seem to change the volume of Voiceover much. Is this how it should be?

Thanks for any tips, and thanks for your support.

Andrew

Search and view the VIPhone archives by visiting http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/.

Reach the VIPhone owner and moderators by emailing viphone+ow...@googlegroups.com.

More VIPhone group options can be found by visiting http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en. --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.