I have never gotten the stellar results some of you have with this app, so I
know I will get 100 to start with, I just seem not to have a knack at all as
far as the camera is concerned, nothing is overly successful for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of David Chittenden
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 11:11 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: TapTapSee

The fact is, during their campaign on KickStarter last year to raise the
funding for CamFind, they reported that TapTapSee was costing them $150 USD
per day to run. I am sure the cost for them is even higher than that amount
now since TapTapSee has become even more popular. Unlike the other two apps
you mention, TapTapSee sends the image to paid sighted staff if image
matching does not come up with a 100% match.

I find it quite interesting how so many are so happy when others pay
handsomely for helping us, but when we are asked to support the effort, we
become quite upset; like we are being betrayed. Think about it.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone

> On 8 Nov 2013, at 6:34, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:
>
> Hello Listers and Tap Tap See people,
>
> I understand that many are disappointed that something which used to be
free
> now costs money. Of course when Fleksy which I think started out at
$14.99,
> went free after first dropping to $4.99 just as many people complained
> because they wanted Fleksy right away so they spent the money. Well, it
> happens all the time, prices go up and just because Tap Tap See was free
> that doesn't mean it has to remain so or should remain so. After all, the
> people behind Tap Tap See do have to have to live as well. What if Tap Tap
> See had started out costing $4.99 for 100 pictures and then went up to
> $7.99, would people have complained as much?
>
> I think the most important thing, however, is that everybody who has
> something to say regarding the cost whether it's good or bad should also
CC
> cont...@taptapseeapp.com because the developer, Image Searcher, is who
> really needs to hear this. If people want them to reconsider their model
or
> pricing they have to let them know and it's not reasonable to assume or
> expect that they should monitor the list for all these messages.
>
> Before I found the Tweet on their website confirming that they are
switching
> to a subscription or pay per use model, I wrote to them asking for
> clarification since even right now as I am writing this message I don't
have
> an update nor have I seen any message asking me to pay. I'm sure it's only
> matter of time, but since there seemed to be conflicting information out
> there at first with some getting the message and some not, I just went on
> their website and send a support email.
>
> As I stated before, I will most likely buy the 100 images for $7.99 since
> occasionally I do find the app extremely useful, but I will probably use
> Camfind (same developer) and Talking Goggles first and only fall back on
Tap
> Tap See if I can't get a good result. It's not as if there are no
> alternatives, there are in fact, many and I suspect 100 pictures will last
> me half a year in which case the price is not an issue.
>
> I do, however, agree that $10 a month is a bit steep, in fact, I think a
> good monthly subscription price would be $4.99 and it would be nice if
they
> added an annual subscription, say for $39.99 or even $49.99 and they could
> even offer a 3-year subscription like Sendero for say $99.99 and then
people
> who really use the service a lot would have a pretty reasonable way to get
> it and use it as much as they want.
>
> Let's hope Image Searcher is open towards considering other options and of
> course if they do charge they are hopefully commited to keeping the
updates
> coming and to improving the service. I think at this point they do deserve
> the benefit of the doubt and a chance to maybe respond and react to
whatever
> feedback you all are hopefully sending to them as well. Feedback and
> constructive criticism is good, expressing outrage and getting mad are
not.

> Regards,
> Sieghard

Google