I agree with item 1. I also find often, since upgrading to OS 7.03, the 2
finger double tap doesn't properly hang up calls for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 3:13 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: When will Apple take this seriously?

Hello,

Here is my summary of this entire thread:

The original poster complained about 3 items and pointed out a fourth:

1. Hanging up phone calls is unreliable
2. He can't tap on a phone number in a text message or email to dial it or
save it to contacts 3. Filling out web forms is buggy.
4. Things worked better on his old Nokia with Talks.

Then Pablo jumped in with his well-known rant about how horrible Apple is in
general because they make such expensive and terrible devices which don't
work, where people are forced to upgrade to iOS 7 and where generally
accessibility is terrible and where Pablo's "rights" are violated in a
number of ways.

As for Pablo's arguments, I have actually agreed with him in a very general
way that Apple should give people the option to say if they wanted a new iOS
to download automatically or not. At first I didn't see his point, but he
argued this point well and I agree there should be such an option. However,
this is in my view the only issue. Apple is not forcing anybody to upgrade
to iOS 7. Yes, they are pushing the update and it takes up space on your
phone, but you do not have to install it and I'll challenge anybody who says
that iOS 7 magically installed on their phone without them doing anything or
twice agreeing to the terms and conditions which simply does not happen. If
Apple were to allow down the road that one could turn off the automatic
downloading then nobody including Pablo could complain in any way because at
that point if they upgrade it is entirely their choice. It's already their
choice, but let's say somebody has an 8 Gb phone and they really need to
free up that space so they install it, that is just a little big of pressure
there even though you still decide to put up with iOS 7 in return for
getting back 2 Gb of space on your phone.

Now, as to the 4 items above:

1. Hanging up calls is unreliable
I actually find the 2-finger double tap works better in iOS 7 but that is
just my opinion. I think it's pretty safe to say though that it works at
least as well and I have up to this point and it's now 2 months since iOS 7
was released, not seen a single post where somebody asked about or mentioned
a problem with the 2-finger double tap to hang up.
There is of course the other way to hang up a call which works 100% and that
is to touch the End Cal lbutton which is really not hard to find as it's
right there about the ome Key and to double tap it.
As somebody else pointed out, it's not hard to check whether a call was hung
up or is still connected.

2. He can't tap on a phone number in a text message or email to dial it or
save it to contacts This works flawlessly for me and judging by what others
wrote also for them.
A simple double tap on a phone number asks me whether I want to call it, a
double tap and hold brings up the options to call, add to contacts etc. I'd
really like to see how this isn't working on Avnish's phone who I think was
the one who posted that all of this didn't work.

3. Filling out web forms is buggy.
This one I understand is an issue, I can't comment too much on it since I
don't use Safari much to fill out web forms. I have done a few Google
searches andwas able to type in a search term just find, the same on the
Audible site. Anyhow, if it is buggy then I sure hope those who find this so
horrible have written to Apple about it. To me this is like voting. If I
talk to somebody about politics and they start a big rant about the
government I usually ask first if they voted in the last election. More than
once somebody said that they don't vote in which case I usually tell them
that they might as well shut up then because if they don't participate in
electing the government then they have no right to complain. I am not saying
Avnish hasn't written to Apple to explain places where encounters problems,
but I see a lot of this on the list and I wonder if everybody also takes the
time to compose a constructive email to accessibil...@apple.com to make sure
they know about the issues.

4. Things worked better on his old Nokia with Talks.
Well, what can I say, Ricardo already said it. Talks has been gone for some
time and no Nokia phone with Talks even at its best can do what the iPhone
can do or even get close to the level of accessibility iOs offers. It's of
course easier to offer accessibility for a device which has only half the
features of iOS. I remember trying to use Skype on my Windows Smartphone
with MobileSpeak and it was a complete joke and waste of time. Apps were
almost non-existent and I wore out the battery cover on my phone because I
had to open it up so often to take the battery out when it crashed.

Apple has done more for main stream accessibility in the last 4 years than
all other companies combined in the last 25 years yet here people are
complaining about the horrible accessibility and how buying an expensive
phone apparently gives them the right to have perfect accessibility and
everything else. Next thing I'm sure people thing Apple is responsible for
them being blind to begin with. But of course Apple, the most successful
tech company ever, gets bashed left right and centre by everybody, why not
by the blind. I for one find it is getting old and it's very tiring. I also
don't think this attitude will motivate Apple do do better. Constructive and
detailed reporting of bugs, maybe I should say "real bugs" not user error
bugs and well thought-out suggestions for improvements will eventually make
things better, I'm sure the accessibility team is not twittling their thumbs
but instead are working on fixing reported bugs and issues.