Hi All,
"Where To?" is on sale today for $0.99 "for a very limited time", reduced from
$2.99.  This is one of my favorite apps for POIs. I love the feature they added
two years ago for VoiceOver users where you get live updating on direction and
distance to a POI from the "Details" screen of the POI you selected from your
search. Where To? was the first of the POI helper apps that let you send
destination addresses directly to other navigation apps like Navigon, TomTom,
Google Maps, Apple Maps, Motion X GPS Drive, Hop Stop, etc. (You can double tap
the "Navigate" button for that POI to send the address to a routing app of your
choice.)

I also routinely use "Where To?" as a simple way to send addresses in my
contacts to these navigation apps.  While the search button on the main screen
is meant to let you either search for a POI in your search area by name and/or
address, or to input the location you want to search around, it's also set up
so you can flick to a "Bookmarks" button in the input field, double tap, and
access your Contacts in the normal way (including a table index at the right
for faster access). If you select a contact with an address and double tap it,
you also have the ability to send that address to a routing app by simply
double tapping the "Add button" in the bottom right corner of the screen. (This
is also the last element on the screen, so you can navigate there with a four
finger tap on the bottom half of the screen, if you find that easier, then
double tap to select it.). The "Routing Apps" screen will list any navigation
apps on your device that can accept the address information, followed by a list
of app store links to other navigation apps that will accept its addresses
below that.  Just flick to the "Route" button for the app you want and double
tap, and that navigation app will launch with the address passed in.  I find
the POI selections and information from Where To? better than in Navigon and
many other similar navigation apps, and the ability to send addresses from my
contacts without typing in any addresses is also a plus.  If you actually want
to search for POIs around your contact address, instead of routing your address
to a navigation app, just double tap again to get back to the main screen,
since focus will be on the "Back" button, select your search category, and run
your search. Your results will be shown for the search location address
selected from your contacts. Switch to "list" viewing ("list" button just above
the "Home" button at the bottom of the screen) for most convenient display mode.

You also have the option of switching the language used for the app's screen,
provided this is one of the languages in your language selection.  For example,
if I use this app in France or Quebec, I might want to have the search
categories in French even if my iPhone is set to English.  I can set this for
"Where To?" in the  main Settings app, by changing "Categories" from "System
Language" to a specific language, like "French".

Works internationally, but most of East Asia, except for Japan, is not covered,
and only parts of Africa, I think.  Europe, North and South America, Australia,
etc. are well covered.

This is a great app.  It usually only goes on sale for about a day. Here's the
app store URL:
• Where To? -- Discover your next destination using GPS (on sale for $0.99,
usually $2.99) by FutureTap GmbH
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/where-to-gps-points-interest/id314785156?mt=8

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther