So, how do I get this thing to read a .brf file? I changed the extension of one I have on my hard drive to .txt, and copied it to documents 2 via itunes transfer. I found it in documents 2, but it just reads a bunch of garbage, similar to what a scanned document reads when something is wrong with the scan. I was trying to read it with Voice Over, I didn't find any kind of play button, or anything. I had previously tried getting Voice Dream to read one of these .brf files, with similar results. If I can get Documents 2 to read .brf files, I will keep it. Otherwise, it gets deleted. Thanks for any information. Now, if only NLS would enable the BARD app to read .brf files with VoiceOver.

Arnold Schmidt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Esther" <mori...@mac.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:13 PM
Subject: Documents 2 iOS app is free today (November 20, 2013)

Hi All,
I know that some of you use Documents 2 Lite or Documents 2 by Savvy Soda to read MicroSoft Office documents and to compose documents in text format? I think it's not possible to use this app to create/edit Word documents, but it is still pretty useful, and if you change the extension of .brf files to .txt you can open them and read them in this app, too. The full version, Documents 2, is normally $3.99 but is free today.

I also tried the recording option, which lets you record a WAV file. Be aware that VoiceOver volume drops to zero when you start recording. Focus remains on the record/pause button. If you hold your device in portrait mode, just flick right to the Play button after double tapping to stop recording, and double tap again. initiating playback brings VoiceOver back. When I tried this in landscape mode on an iPad mini, I had to double click the Home button and do a three-finger swipe up to close the app to get VoiceOver back. In portrait mode you don't have this problem.
• Documents 2 (free today, usually $3.99) by Savvy Soda
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-2/id313005710?mt=8

HTH. Cheers,

Esther

Search and view the VIPhone archives by visiting http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/.

Reach the VIPhone owner and moderators by emailing viphone+ow...@googlegroups.com.

More VIPhone group options can be found by visiting http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en. --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.