From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:54 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: timer on BARD

Have you taken a look at the Timer tab in the Clock app yet?

The timer goes off when the time is up, so you can start the timer before or
after you start reading the book.

In the Timer tab, you use a few picker items to set how much time you want
to tick off, like 15 or 30 minutes. You then double tap on the what you want
to happen button and select stop playing from the bottom of the list. It's
below all of the alarm tones you can choose. Once you've done that, you just
double tap the start button and the timer starts counting down.

If it were me, I'd start the timer and then start the book reading, so you
don't have to deal with the VO and the timer settings while the book is
being read.