I'm not sure what you're asking.

Just guessing, but after you double tap the battle button, you can use a two finger swipe up to hear how your battle is going. The first two heroes listed will be from you're party and then it'll list the first two heroes from your enemy's party and then the 3rd and 4th heroes from your party, so you can hear how each member of your party is doing.

For example, I was in the arena and battling a party consisting of a huntress, a mage, a sorcerer and a druid. The first member of my party, whether it be a templer, sentinel or whatever, was always being taken out right away. I finally moved a ranger into that #1 position on my party and won the battle. BTW, I lost a few battles before I figured that out and lost my chance to finish in the top ten of that tournament. Sometimes you just have to be patient and lose a few battles to figure something out and learn something new about the game and your heroes.