I've only had NetGear and cisco/LinkSys routers, but I can't say I've really had any trouble accessing their web interfaces. I've also replaced the firmware on my older LinkSys router with DD-wrt, which is quite accessible. I assume Tomato, another open source alternative, is also fairly accessible.

I haven't used it much, but there's also a Genie app from NetGear to help you manage your NetGear router.

BTW, I'm not really sure routers is on topic for this list. I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice from this list, but you might want to raise this on another list to get more feedback.

Hi Don,

I assume you want to replace the entire router and not just add a wireless
access point which is what the Airport Express would be.

If you want to replace the router then the Airport Extreme would be the way
to go, I think it's a good router although not cheap and it only has 4 ports
if I remember correctly so you have to decide if that is enough for you.

I am not sure what model of Netgear router you had, but I have had 2
different Netgear routers and the web interface on each was very accessible
with Jaws which is what I use. I currently use a Cisco business class router
at my business and the web interface for it also is very accessible and I
tried out one of the high-end Asus routers before and it also worked.

I have an Airport Express at home which I use to add Airplay functionality
to my Sonos music system and I'm happy enough with it, but I would probably
not buy an Airport Extreme because of the limited number of ports and also
because I prefer Netgear or Cisco routers where I can get an 8-Port router.
The Airport Utility for Windows works with Jaws and you can also download
the app and configure it via an iPhone or iPad.