Plus, with IOS 7, there is air drop. I have never used it, so I don't know what type files can be transferred between two IOS devices using it, I don't know, for example if a BARD book could be transferred, but it uses Bluetooth to connect two IOS devices to transfer material. So, as long as you have your iPhone along, you could download the file, transfer it to your iPad, then delete it from the iPhone if you really didn't want it on the iPhone.

Arnold Schmidt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Les Kriegler" <kriegle...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: iPad mini: wi fi only, or cellular?

Alan, we purchased an iPad Mini for my wife. We have For]izon with a shared plan which includes our son and the 2 of us. With our shared plan, the Hot Spot feature is included at no extra charge. So my wife can use her iPhone's WIFI with her iPad, and I can use my BrailleSense u2 from my iPhone's hot spot. We are going on vacation starting next week and plan to do this while we are traveling, especially as one of the hotels we are staying at does not provide free WIFI. What this all is leading to is the fact that because of hot spot access, I didn't spend the exffra $100 for cellular data not necessary in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Les