Eileens, I’ve tried to use digiteyes many times with little success, but I’ll
certainly use these tips in future.

Cheers

Alex

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Eileens Misrahi
Sent: 20 January 2014 23:51
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: I'll rephrase that - Re: Question - Re: Digit-Eyes Version 2

Hi Annie,

I don't have a scanner right now. I usually can figure out and have Digit-Eyes
find the barcode pretty quickly. Once in a while, I get stuck and will use my
ID Mate. Let's see if I can be concise and give you some tips.

1. for boxes, I locate the top flap as if I would open it, and then turn it
upside down and try the left corner of the box.

2. for cans, I find the seam in the label and move just to the left of it. I
will move the can instead of the phone to locate the barcode.

3. On a spray can, there may not be a seam, so I turn the sprayer about 180
degrees and start at the bottom of the can. This just happened to me yesterday,
but I found the barcode quickly.

4. A bottle may have 2 labels on it (one in front; one in back) Usually the
smaller of the 2 labels will be the back one. Again, I go to the bottom of the
label and start from there.

I found that moving the object instead of the phone has increased my ability to
find the barcodes. In the future I may purchase a laser barcode scanner, but at
this time I don't need it. HTH.

Best,

Eileen

Sent from my iPhone