Hi Charlene,

Since recording phone calls is illegal in many juristictions, Apple does not
allow it on the iPhone. Now, there are apps which claim they can do this and
I'm sure some of them can, but pretty much all of them that I have seen
require you to sign up with them (often they are not free) and you then have
to place what basically is a 3-way call with the third call going to their
servers where the call is then recorded. In other words, you call their
server, then you call your number and you merge the calls and it gets
recorded this way. If somebody calls you you would have to open the app and
ask the caller to hold a moment while you establish the recording session.

A much easier way to record phone calls is to use an app like Acrobits or
Groundwire (which is also from Acrobits). Groundwire is what they call their
"business caliber SIP client" and it costs $9.99. The regular Acrobits app
is I think $5.99. Both have a Record button. Of course you then have to sign
up for a VoIP service somewhere, this is easy for making calls since all you
have to do is sign up with a company like www.VoipStunt.com
<http://www.VoipStunt.com> , www.VoipBuster.com <http://www.VoipBuster.com>
, www.VoipCheap.com <http://www.VoipCheap.com>  etc. There are literally
dozens of them, I use Voip Stunt, but most of them are similar. Voip Stunt
requires you to buy a credit, usually 10 Euros (they are a European company)
and then you get 120 days of free calls in North America and to about 40 or
so other countries. After that your calls are billed at about 1 Euro Cent a
minute.

If you also want to be able to receive calls via VoIP, you have to sign up
for an inbound number from a company like www.Flynumber.com
<http://www.Flynumber.com>  and once again there are others out there. My
inbound phone number from Flynumber is $2.95 US a month and this includes
unlimited incoming minutes.

Alternatively, if you just need to record the occasional call, just put your
iPhone in speakerphone mode and use a separate tape or digital recorder to
record the calls by placing it next to your iPhone. I think that's a lot
less complicated and it works just fine.