From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Christopher Chaltain
Sent: 11 March 2014 09:07
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Reading Messages

To edit what you've typed into a message, you need to use the roter.
Place two fingers on the screen and rotate them like you're twisting a dial.
It'll take some getting used to. Two of the options you'll hear are characters
and words. Once you've selected one of these two options in the roter you can
then move through your message by character or word by flicking up and down.
Now you can insert and delete text.

If you want to delete all of the messages you exchanged between yourself and a
person then in your Messages app, make sure you're at the list of your
conversations. You may need to hit the back button to get there.
Now double tap on the Edit button. You can flick right between your
conversations, which will now have the word delete in front of them.
Double tap on the conversation you want to delete and then double tap on the
delete button that pops up. When you're done, double tap on the done button at
the top of your screen.

If you want to delete a specific message within a conversation then double tap
on that conversation so you see your list of messages within that conversation.
Now do a flick up until you hear More .... Once you hear More .... then do a
double tap. Now you can double tap on the messages you want to delete and then
double tap on the delete button at the bottom of the screen to delete your
selected messages. You'll see the number of messages you'll delete when you
find the delete button.

I'm saying flick and not swipe, although I think Apple uses both terms
interchangeably. Flick your one finger to the right or the left as if you're
flicking a piece of dust off of your iPhone screen. I'd say it's more than a
few millimeters, but you'll know if you get it right, since you'll jump to the
next object. If you don't move your finger enough then it'll just act as a
single tap and just select the object immediately under your finger.