From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher J Chaltain
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:38 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Converting from Mp3 to AAG

You probably already know this, so I apologize if that's the case.

MP3 is a lossy format, so converting it to another format will not improve
the sound quality, and if it's another lossy format, such ass AAC then you
may introduce artifacts, decreasing the sound quality. I don't see any
benefits to converting from MP3 to AAC other than possibly saving a little
bit of space.

If you have the same file in a lossless format then converting it to AAC
makes a lot of sense, but I still use MP3 a lot myself. It's just so
ubiquitous.