Well, it looks like it may only work with PDF files in iBooks.
I just tried a purchased book and two public Domain books and neither one had
lines available in the rotor.
There are Links and Notes available in the rotor, but not lines.
When I open a PDF, then lines shows up as a rotor option.
Richard

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be
nothing." - Aristotle