As I said in my message, that was exactly my intent. When I went to the site though, I saw it was a collection of over half a dozen reviews of different apps in different categories. So instead, I included more information about what kind of apps were being reviewed. I think this is analogous to those of us who point to AppleVis.com when someone asks generic questions about accessible games or navigation apps. Most people don't try to replicate the AppleVis.com site or even a subset of reviews from the AppleVis.com site in their messages to the list. I really don't think providing information on what's included on a site or a web page and then providing a link to that web page is spam. If every message on this list has to be a complete review of an app then there won't be too many contributions to the list.

On 3/28/2014 12:35 AM, Fred Olver wrote:
Since you're so in to saving us time, instead of complaining about what is posted, why not just paste the information illuded too in the afore-mentioned post then you won't have to read all those messages complaining about the message which in a sense is spam.
Fred Olver

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Christopher J Chaltain <mailto:chalt...@gmail.com>
    *To:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:* Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:58 PM
    *Subject:* Re: This Weeks There's An App For That

    I totally get that people's time is valuable, and everyone has the
    right to delete any message they want or manage their email
    however they want to. I would like to point out that sending a
    message to the list complaining about posts also takes time. I
    know sending such messages definitely takes more time than hitting
    the delete key. I also think it takes more time to send such a
    message than it does to just click on a link.

    Furthermore, these messages mean that over a thousand list members
    have to spend their time reading and deleting a message about
    something the moderator has already said is perfectly acceptable
    on this list.

    If anyone is interested in reading some reviews on different apps
    that you might find useful when traveling, such as trip planners,
    navigation apps, currency and measurement converters, flight
    trackers and so on then click on the link in the attached message.
    Multiple apps are reviewed, which is the only reason I'm not
    taking the time to duplicate a list you can get to by just
    clicking on a link.