Dear listers

I recently listened to the Maccessibility round table podcast where they
discussed iOS7.1 and they mentioned about how the ‘Screen locked’ message isn’t
repeated which is great, but none of them seem to feel the need to mention
that, unlike in iOS6, when you change the volume on the earbuds remote iOS7
announces all sorts of lockscreen info such as notifications or what’s
currently playing  etc depending upon what last had focus. This made me wonder
whether it was just me that experiences this.

Do other people have babbled info over the top of what they are listening to
whenever you change the volume and does anyone know how I can prevent this from
happening? For me in iOS6 you never had VoiceOver speaking when you adjusted
the volume, and when you pressed the power button you only ever got the time –
which was all very neat and never interrupted what you were listening to. I was
hoping that 7.1 would bring this behaviour back but it hasn’t for me.

Thanks – Robin.