  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:05 AM
  Subject: RE: Voice messages with whatsapp

  Can you explain exactly what you are doing? I suspect that your focus is in
the text field and you are doing a 2-finger double tap which will start
dictation as it should.

  You have to flick right once past the text field to the Voice Message button,
then double tap and hold with one finger. It's important that you continue to
hold your finger on the screen after you double tap and this is when you can
record your message. As soon as you lift your finger off the screen recording
stops and your message is sent. This definitely works and it does work on an
iPhone 4S just as good as it does on a 5, 5C or 5S.