Thanks Sieghard for this info. I continue to have trouble with the web site regardless of whether I use I E 11 or a recent version of Firefox. I have tried initially with Window-Eyes 8.4 and subsequently with JFW 14. I can see the links just fine but am completely unable to actually make a purchase. For example, you mentioned a hot spot device for $30. I saw info about various phones and devices but found no way to actually purchase the hot spot which is what I wanted to do.
I could never click any of the shop now links.

Don Roberts

Hello all of those in the United States,

I was just listening to the newest Today in iOS Podcast and thought I
post a quick note about this. Rob did an interview in this episode with
the Chief Operations Manager of FreedomPop, an MVNO which works on the
Sprint network. FreedomPop is now offering a free plan which includes
200 voice minutes, 500 text messages and 500 Mb of data per month if you
buy an iPhone 5 from them for $349. This is the original iPhone 5 which
they procure and refurbish or, if you have an iPhone 4 or 5 on the
Sprint network you can bring that over to them.

They also offer unlimited voice and text and 500 Mb of data for $10.99
and you can bring that down to I think around $7 if you prepay for a year.

I believe their charge for going over the 500 Mb of data is at 2.5 Cents
per Megabyte, so $2.50 for 100 Mb. If you were to use 1 Gb of data you
would pay $10 extra.

They also offer very inexpensive WiFi devices, $30 gets you a device
which you can also sign up on a 500 Mb per month free plan.

There is more they offer and you can check it out on their website,
www.FreedomPop.com <http://www.FreedomPop.com> and I would encourage
everybody who is interested in iOS and the iPhone to sign up for the
Today in iOS Podcast. You can listen to it using your favourite Podcast
app such as Downcast, iCatcher or the Apple Podcast app, you can also
listen to it on the free Stitcher Radio app and I believe on Agogo as
well. Lastly, there is also the Today in iOS app which is $2.99 and
which is accessible, it also sends you notifications if there are any
breaking Apple news which Rob considers important. Once again, the
interview is in the most recent episode which was just released, episode
305 and the interview starts about 13% into the Podcast or at about 10
minutes and 50 seconds.

The following information is important for all members of the viphone
list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you
have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives
for this list can be searched at
Groups "VIPhone" group.
an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>.