This is all true. As iOS grows so are the feature set requiring less and less jailbreaking.

Christopher Hallsworth
Student at the Hadley School for the Blind
www.hadley.edu

On 21/05/2014 08:23, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Hi Pablo,

I agree with Christopher and just wanted to add that for many people
jailbreaking is becoming less important as the native feature set in iOS
grows.  For example, a lot of people jailbroke their iPhone because they
wanted easy access to some of the main settings like turning on and off
WiFi, Bluetooth, adjusting brightness etc. This is now easily done with
Control Center so for those who jailbroke for that reason it may no longer
be of interest. The same goes for blocking callers. This is now an iOS
feature and while it doesn't actually prevent the person from calling you,
if you block a particular number you will never know this number called if
you block it.

Of course there are still people who are not happy with the restrictions
Apple imposes and they continue to jailbreak, but while Raul or Cara may
comment, I don't think talking about jailbreaking is banned on the Viphone
list, it's just that it is such a small percentage of Viphone users who
jailbreak that the topic does not come up that often. I would also hazard a
guess and say that the Viphone members who do jailbreak are usually somewhat
experienced iOS users and therefore may not ask as many questions.

There was just a nice little Podcast on Applevis as to how you can Jailbreak
very easily and how it takes only about 10 minutes to do so. However, my
advice to you, Pablo, is to carefully consider whether you want to do so and
why you might want to do so. I know you are often dissatisfied with how
Apple does things, but jailbreaking can make things worse and not better if
you end up installing a lot of tweeks or jailbreak apps and it might be
difficult to find out what exactly causes an issue. Also, while Jailbreaking
is not illegal, it will void any warranty of your device so if you have an
iPhone 5S which is still under warranty you should keep that in mind. Also,
if your purchased Apple Care then you basically wasted the money for that if
you plan to jailbreak.

Lastly, if you already upgraded to iOS 7.1.1 jailbreaking is not an option
for you, currently the latest jailbreak only works if you are still on iOS
7.0.4.