That's not the way I read the Telecommunications Act myself, but I know that's how it's been interpreted in at least one case when applied to cell phone providers, like Verizon. To my knowledge, a cell phone manufacturer, such as Nokia, has not been challenged under the Telecommunications Act regarding the lack of accessibility of the phones it manufactures.

The Telecommunications Act does only apply to the telecommunications portion of a device, so Code Factory's product may satisfy the Telecommunications Act, but 3rd party add-ons are allowable if making the device itself accessible is not readily achievable. Since Microsoft's other products are accessible, and both Google and Apple produce accessible cell phones, I doubt Microsoft could claim that making their Windows Phones accessible is not readily achievable.

Of course, if companies provide cell phones to their employees and expect them to use any features outside of the features provided by Code Factory's product then this would be in violation of the ADA. Also, if any US federal dollars are used to purchase a Windows Phone, I think the Rehabilitation Act is being violated, since there are options, such as the iPhone and Android phones, which are much more accessible and don't require a 3rd party application.

It isn't clear to me at all that Microsoft or Nokia are following the law, even if you just look at the Telecommunications Act. I'm not a federal judge though, so I think this still needs to be settled in the US courts before we'll know for sure.