I'd definitely make people aware that a new iPhone may be coming out this fall or even sooner, but it's up to each person to decide whether they should wait or not. I bought my iPhone in April, and although I could have waited four or five months when the new iPhone was announced, that would have been another four months I wasn't using an iPhone.