I have not yet published in a peer reviewed journal. My research is not yet
developed to that point.

Typically, I outline using pages on my iPhone. I research using Safari on
either my iPhone or a friend's iPad (until I acquire my own when the iPad with
fingerprint sensor is released). I find the iPad to be the quickest option for
scanning through library article databases. Note: this is only the case when I
am working with the touchscreen.

I then edit, format, and finalise my papers using Pages on my Mac. I worked
with a Mac expert to figure out ways around several things that confused me,
and regularly go back to this person for refreshers.

I have not yet started working with statistical analyses, and am hoping the
recommended analysis package for my style of research will become available on
the Mac by the time I require it. The company tells my university's help desk
that it should be out next year. If not, I will need to use Windows for the
number crunching.

I use keynote for developing my presentation slides. Using a friend's iPad with
a conference projector, I presented last month without the need of a computer.
It worked quite well.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288