Actually, the only thing that really holds me back from going completely to
iOS, other than the fact that I do enjoy playing with my technology, is that I
don't yet have a way to use the braille embosser and do braille translation
without my Mac and/or linux; actually even with linux I can't at this point
emboss. But for about a year now I've been thinking eventually this might
happen and so I am deliberately doing more and more tasks on my i-devices. If
you don't have a reason to have to specifically use MS Word, I think it might
be doable. I have a sighted friend who is doing more and more with his iPad and
mainly uses Windows now only for some online courses he is taking that require
very strict MS WORD formatting; I don't remember if he is also using the
MICROSOFT apps on the iPad; I think perhaps he is. But I think the day will
come when using i-devices only is a viable option even in this area and for
blind as well as sighted users. While I have to read some Word files I don't
need to write in it so this isn't an issue for me. So I'm using my iPad
especially, but also my iPhones, more and more and eventually hope to do what
you are thinking of doing. I think the only way to know for sure would be to
get an iPad or borrow one and use it for a few weeks exclusively to see if
there are unworkable situations that come up. I also think that as the Mac and
i-devices become more popular MS Word may someday not be demanded in some
places as emphatically as now, but only time will tell about this. You know,
there was a time, in my lifetime, when MS Word didn't exist and nothing lasts
forever, not MS Word, not any OS or iOS or android or whatever. So who knows
what may devellop just around the corner!