Sieghard,
First, thanks for reminding me about using the Notes app to test the dictation. Secondly you're absolutely correct. Siri is remarkably good at understanding the correct context of sentences as to when to translate your speech as a word as opposed to a punctuation symbol. I'm really quite impressed.

David Goldfield,

     Founder and Peer Coordinator,
Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Feel free to visit my new Web site
http://www.davidgoldfield.info/

Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
David,

You use Questionmark and not Question.
I typically find SIRI has no problems with words like period in a sentence and in fact have had little
success with commands like "Cap" or "All Caps on" and "All Caps Off" etc.
If you Google "SIRI dictation", "What can I say to SIRI" or similar phrases you
will find lots of information including comprehensive lists of commands.
Otherwise I suggest you just open the Notes app and dictate some of the
sentence you mentioned to see how SIRI behaves since it will depend a lot on
how clearly you speak and other aspects. Getting proficient with dictation is
like most other things a matter of practice.