Hmmm, for those who saw her post but not yours, we appreciate it.  But then,
that's why there's a delete key.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Joseph FreeTech
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 12:13 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Here's How to Move Apps Into a Folder With a Bluetooth Keyboard

Hi Teresa,

Though your post is useful and well written, I wrote the very same type of
tutorial just a week or two ago. <Smile>. It seems as though many of us are
not using our time and this forum wisely if we're going to repeatedly post
the same information. So far, it appears many are deleting messages without
even quickly browsing through them for possibly useful information. If this
is in fact what is happening, then the individuals doing this will miss out
on great information as well as cluttering the list with redundant requests.

Am I wrong?

If you're curious, here's what I wrote on the topic of using a Bluetooth
keyboard to move apps between home pages as well as into folders... <Smile>.

For those interested in using an external Bluetooth keyboard to move apps,
when lucky and all works as it should, here's what I'm doing to move my apps
around:

1. My iDevice (iPod Touch 5th gen) is turned on and my Bluetooth keyboard is
paired.
Note: for whatever reason, my Amazon Basics keyboard takes about 25 seconds
to be recognized by iDevice Bluetooth. (Shrug).

2. I use the touch screen to navigate to Home screen 3 and place focus on
the app I want to move.

3. I press the following command on the keyboard: VO+Shift+letter M. I get
the message informing me that I'm moving X app.

4. I use 3-finger gesture on the touch screen to move from Home screen 3 to
Home screen 1.
Note: sometimes this does not work, so I simply go to bottom of the screen
and swipe up to move from page 3 to page 1, and this does seem to reliably
do the job.

5. I move my app on top of the folder where I want to place the app, and I
once again execute the following command: VO+Shift+letter M.

6. My iDevice and VoiceOver begin sounding off all kinds of bells and
whistles while they do their thing, and when I no longer hear anything, I
swipe to right a couple of times.

7. I press the Home button once on my iDevice to return screen back to
normal.

8. I swipe over to the bottom of the list of apps, and sure enough the app I
moved is there.

9. I execute the scrub gesture to close the folder, and I'm eventually
informed that the app count has increased, which once again assures me the
app has been moved.

10. All done moving app. <Smile>.

For those wanting to move an app from Home screen X to Home screen Y without
accidentally creating an unwanted folder, try this...
1. My iDevice (iPod Touch 5th gen) is turned on and my Bluetooth keyboard is
paired.

2. I use the touch screen to navigate to Home screen 3 and place focus on
the app I want to move.

3. I press the following command on the keyboard: VO+Shift+letter M. I get
the message informing me that I'm moving X app.

4. I use 3-finger gesture on the touch screen to move from Home screen 3 to
Home screen 1.
Note: sometimes this does not work, so I simply go to bottom of the screen
and swipe up to move from page 3 to page 1, and this does seem to reliably
do the job.

5. Since the keyboard will not allow for placing an app between two apps
like the touch interface allows, I simply move my app on top of the app
where I want to position the app, and I once again execute the following
command: VO+Shift+letter M.

6. I'm told a new folder will be created with X title.

7. I simply press Escape key once on the keyboard to cancel the folder
creation process.

8. I swipe to the right a couple of times then press the Home button once to
return the focus back to normal.

9. I touch the bottom left-hand corner of the screen then swipe to the left
to access the very last app on the current Home screen.

10. If all went well the app will have been moved from Home screen 3 to Home
screen 1 without extraneous folders having been created. (thumbs up)!

Joseph the free tech guy!