From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sumana Silverheels
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 1:44 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Square card reader

Lois,

Did you experiment with a splitter to find out if you could use a headset with
the square reader and have speech output through it?

On Friday, April 18, 2014 6:31:48 AM UTC-4, Lois B wrote:

I did some expensive experimenting yesterday to see how the square reader
worked with blue tooth, etc.  Bluetooth headphones do not work with the card
reader plugged in, even if you turn it off and back on after plugging in the
reader.  The splitter also did not work with regular headphones even though
the splitter would work if only the reader was plugged in.  Maybe, it is
some sort of security feature that is built in.  The only way to use the
reader is to plug it in to swipe the card, then take it out again to sign
and finish the transaction.  The Bluetooth comes back when you take the
reader out, likewise the wired headphones.

If you have silence when you unplug the reader, you will know that the swipe
was successful and you are at the signature screen.  After signing, you wait
until you hear it was successful.  Before that, there is no speech.  I will
get used to it eventually.

So, it does work, just has a few quirks.

Good luck,
Lois