Hi Everyone,

I have been following the thread about the KNFB app.  I have no problem with
their pricing.  People will either buy it or they won't.  So, this is not a
slam of the company at all.  My question is what is the advantage of a
specialty OCR app like this?  I frequently use Prizmo and have no problem
with it.  I occasionally take pictures of documents for OCR and I very
frequently use it to recognize PDFs that people E-mail to me that have no
text.  I even once used it to OCR a picture that was sent to me in a text.
What can you do with KNFB Reader that you can't do with something like
Prizmo or Text Grabber?  Like most blind people, I do sometimes have issues
when taking pictures free hand for OCR because of everything not being lined
up quite right but that is going to be an issue regardless of the OCR
package that is being used.  If you only have half the document in the shot
then there is nothing that the app can do to compensate for that.  Please
understand, I am not trying to bad mouth the app or the company but I truly
don't understand what the advantage is supposed to be.

Thanks,

Scott Duck

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All 
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to