  From: Amy Billman
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:19 PM
  Subject: RE: How easy is the app to use? was RE: KNFB Reader App

  Hi.

  Of course the one for iOS is not out yet, but I personally found the old KNFB
reader a bit better at OCR than the OCR products for iOS that exist currently.

  For instance, when we had it my partner and I used it to OCR and read the
menu that's up on the board at Mcdonalds. That's not been doable with stuff
like Prismo or Text Detective; at least it hasn't been possible for either of
us.

  Another thing that we used to do with it back in the day, was use it to
quickly scan envelopes while standing at the mailbox. This was handy at the
time because like a sighted person would do, we could weed out the trash and
only take home what was important.

  Now, if I want to scan the mail, using an OCR solution for the pc ends up
being the better deal. It would be nice to have a more reliable option.

  The demos that I've listened to seem to indicate that the iOS app is going to
be equal to if not better than the old KNFB reader mobile solution.

  All I can say, is I sure as hell hope so! This would make it well worth the
price imho.

  If I can do all of those things efficiently like before, it would be very
handy. This is not to say that the current apps for iOS are bad, they're just
rather limiting by comparison, IMO.

  Amy Billman

  Email:

  amy0...@gmail.com