Exactly. You need the keyboard, monitor, speakers (unless you really want to
use the built-in one), mouse or trackpad, microphone, webcam, and anything
else. Here's the link to a guide I wrote for AppleVis, describing all the
different Mac models:
http://www.applevis.com/guides/miscellaneous/explaining-myriad-models-macs