I've been wanting one of these ever since I heard about it. I'd even pick it
over the Braille Edge because there's a smaller model available.

Right now, I have a Brailliant BI 32. I'd like the Vario Ultra for its ability
to take notes independently of an iDevice, without having to worry about the
weird Braille translation errors you come across with iOS Braille translation.
This will also allow me to completely avoid the weird lockup issues with
Braille displays and iDevices.

I don't know if you've ever seen one of the Brailliant displays, but it looks a
lot like a BrailleNote, if you've seen one of those. It has the thumb keys,
slightly-slanted keyboard, etc. Does the Vario look somewhat like this? If
you've seen a Brailliant or a BrailleNote, what are the physicaal d ifferences
between either of those products and the Vario?

Thanks,
Ari