OK, Sam Jewel has now created a Giraffe Reader stand that will fit the
iPhone with the Otterbox Defender case.

I'm impressed with the ease of assembly, once someone with more sense than I
(my wife in this case) figured out how to unfold it and put it in position
to hold the phone I was able to get a couple very good scans.

I received the Giraffe Reader on August 11.  I've been rather busy at work
and not had much time to do comparisons.

Yesterday, I scanned a 4 page document with Openbook and the Pearl camera.

I then scanned the same four page document with prizmo and the Giraffe
Reader.

I made sure the document was lined up at the base of the Pearl camera so it
was centered.  I made sure the document was lined up with the edge of the
platform on the Giraffe Reader.

This was in my office with the overhead lights on.  The Giraffe Reader was
about 3 feet away from where the Pearl is set up on my desk.

When I finished the scans, I exported the prizmo document as a text file.

I saved the Openbook copy as a word document.

When I opened them in Word 2013, the Prizmo/Giraffe Reader copy had a grand
total of one error.

The Openbook and Pearl copy had at least 20.

I hope to have time to do more comparisons with the same document and the
StandScan and other documents, but my first impression s are very positive
for the Giraffe Reader and Prizmo.

For those who do not know what the Giraffe Reader is, it is a portable stand
for the iPhone that folds up quite nicely.  It is made out of a plastic
material that feels like corrugated cardboard, but is far more durable than
that.  It folds up smaller than the StandScan and is many times easier to
fold and unfold.  There are no lights, so it will depend on room light or
the flash on the iPhone.

You can read more about it and watch a video about it with Sam Jewel
explaining how to unfold it at:

http://www.giraffe-reader.com/

The web site shows an Introductory price of $54.50 US, or £32

Free shipping to blind users.

HTH,

Richard