Anna,

I don't why but although I have checked the option in iCloud to have my mail
synced, when I got my iPhone I had to configure all my e-mail accounts manually
on the iPhone because apart from my iCloud account, the details had not synced.
 I assumed they would, but they had not.  I could never understand why.

Have I missed something?

Best wishes

Andrew