Hi Haya, Airplay is used to send audio and/or video to an Airplay-capable 
device, such as speakers or an Apple TV. By default, the Mac is not an Airplay 
receiver. That is to say you can send content from your iPhone or Mac to an 
Airplay receiving device, but you cannot send content from your iPhone to your 
Mac unless you install Airplay receiving software.
I've not investigated to see if an Airplay receiver exists for the Mac but I 
suspect one must do.
In iOS, Apple now prefers developers to use the Airplay Capability found in 
Control Center. You'll only see the Airplay button there when the device 
detects an Airplay receiver within range. Some developers still also put an 
Airplay button on the screen of their apps, usually towards the bottom of the 
screen.
I use Airplay all the time to send things to the Apple TV.
I also have software on my Mac called AirFoil. This brilliant software lets you 
send audio to multiple Airplay devices at once from the whole system if needed. 
It also has a companion software for the iPhone which means you can be playing 
something on your Mac and listening to it on your iPhone as long as the phone 
is on the same wireless network. Nifty.
Hope that's of some help.
Jonathan Mosen
Mosen Consulting
Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
http://Mosen.org

On 28/08/2014, at 4:02 am, Haya Simkin & guide dog Pammy <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> Could someone please explain to me how to get the iPhone to airplay in 
> general and how to get it to work with the Mac in particular? I've only ever 
> seen the airplay button once on the iPhone. I think it was in the app 
> switcher before IOS7. I didn't have any way to try it then, but I have a Mac 
> now. I found the Airplay button in the Miniplayer on the Mac, but when I 
> pressed it it just showed me the volume slider. What should I do?
> 
> Thanks,
> Haya Simkin & guide dog Pammy
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. 
> All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
> questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
> member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
> directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list 
> can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All 
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to