Hi Chuck. I have the fingerprint scanner on the 5S and I love it. When you
first set up the fingerprint scanner, you will be asked to move your finger
around a little bit on the scanner so it can get all angles of your finger. I
think you get up to five finger print settings. I did two fingers on each hand.
This is a good idea for convenience and in case you have an unfortunate
encounter with a meat slicer or something else terrible. Of course, nothing in
computing is 100% secure, but if you are concerned about your fingerprints
being stored in the cloud, no worries. They are stored on the chip in your
phone and not in the cloud. Also, I'm fairly certain that if you start using
the fingerprint scanner and don't like it, you can disable it. You can even
label each finger print with the name of the finger. This way, you can delete
any fingers you don't want, and you can even put in a finger from another
person and label it in case they need to get into your phone, they can, just as
long as you trust them. As I said, you don't even have to use it if you don't
want to, but I think you'll find that it is really wonderful and you'll never
want to go back. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone