I have now tested the phone vibration feature. On my 5S, running iOS 8, it
works the same as it has always worked. Vibration setting, win on, vibrates
until the phone is answered, or the call ins. This is the case whether or not
the mute switch is active.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288