Hi Sherry,

I just had a quick look and I also ended up with the screen with the Apple
apps. I guess what you didn’t notice is that this is just a way for Apple to
get people to download and try their apps. If you don’t want to do so then
check at the top right of that screen and you find a “Not Now” button. Double
tap on it and the screen with the  Apple apps goes away and you are then on the
screen where you can see apps which work with passbook.

I mostly use Passbook for travelling. The Air Canada app supports passbook and
so does the Hotels.com and booking.com apps. I especially like the Air Canada
app where I can add my flights after I book them and then within 24 hours of my
flight I can check in right with the app. For most of my shorter business trips
I usually just have carry-on luggage so if I check in with the app my
electronic boarding pass is added right into passbook. When I get to their
airport I can go straight to security, I just wake up my phone because the
boarding pass is displayed on the lock screen and they can scan it on my
device, I go through security and to my gate and that’s it. I live in a small
town, a taxy to the airport takes about 12 minutes and depending on the
line-up, I can be from my front door, through security and sitting there
waiting for boarding in about 20 to 25 minutes.

It looks like I can now take a picture of any loyalty cards I have. I’ll have
to give this a try and see how it is.

and even for when I go away for up to 2 weeks I can typically get away with
just carry-on luggage

and a day before

was also