Dear Suzanne,

This has happened to me a few times after upgrades to a higher version of
iTunes.

Try the following:
When in iTunes, go to iTunes preferences with command+comma.  Under "General"
tab, make sure "show shared libraries" is checked.  Under "advanced" tab, you
should see the path to your library which is by default:
/users/yourname/music/itunes/itunes media

Then under "store" tab, make sure that the "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases"
is checked.

Press okay button and close preferences with command+w, and hopefully your
whole library will show.

Andrew