This is nothing new, and nothing to worry about so long as you are relatively
careful with your device.
1. We're talking about a phone with an aluminum shell. The phone is insanely
thin, making the shell even thinner. When you apply force to a sheet of metal
that thin, yes, it will bend.
2. The iPhone5 and up all exhibit this behavior.
3. It isn't just Apple. An article I read detailed other phones that have the
exact same problem.
4. If you don't put your long, crazy thin phone in your pocket and then sit on
it, you're fine. You know how, if you carry around some paper in your pocket,
it gets creased? Yeah, same thing, Roomy pockets are fine, but if your pants
are tight enough that your phone gets pressed against you when you sit or bend,
then yes, the phone might bend under the pressure. Again, really thin shell and
phone, and pressure it isn't meant to handle.

This is just the media running with a story that only happens to people who
think a phone this thin and light doesn't need a bit of care when being carried
around. More thoughtful placement, a rigid case, or a different method of
carrying the device would all solve the problem.
On Sep 24, 2014, at 11:20 AM, Les Kriegler <kriegle...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Keith, I saw some report the today show. On that report, they referred to the
> 6+ being the culprits. Who knows? But it doesn't sound good in any case.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 24, 2014, at 11:17 AM, "Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D."
> <kramlinger.ke...@mayo.edu> wrote:
>
>>                                                Hi,
>>
>> I don't want to be alarmist, but last night a reputable local newscast in
>> Minneapolis reported that some customers with new iPhone 6 (they didn't
>> specify 6 or 6+ or both) have found the new iPhone bending after carrying
>> them around in their front shirt pockets.
>>
>> That's all I know. Hope it's nothing. Keep your ears to the ground.
>>
>> Keith
>>
>> --
>> The following information is important for all members of the viphone list.
>> All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any
>> questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a
>> member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators
>> directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list
>> can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/.
>> email toviphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

> email toviphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Have a great day,