As I eluded to in other messages on this list, I did manage to get my 6 Plus set up yesterday. Knowing I would want my phone to go with me to work on Monday, I actually did check and find a safe place in my fanny pack to put the phone before I went and activated it.

Even before I unpacked the 6 Plus, I took a look at the leather case to fit it which I also purchased from Apple. And, well, maybe I'll get used to that case, but I wasn't all that impressed with my first look. For, rather than some soft sturdy leather, not that I really claim to know what leather is supposed to feel like; but, this case kind of felt like some sort of thin cardboard with a tad of material covering. Oh, in case anyone was wondering, the case did not come with a screen protector, nor did the Apple web site claim that it would come with one. The case is open at the bottom, but covers the sides and back of the phone, and of course all of the ports are accessible. And, perhaps I'm just hesitant with this case because of the OtterBox Impact case I've had on my 4S for a while.

I thought I would leave the plastic that normally comes over the front and the back of the phone in place, at least until I got a screen protector of some sort. But, I very quickly learned that would not be a good idea. For, although I was willing to forego setting up my fingerprint to work with the sensor, as it just couldn't work through the plastic on the phone, I was not prepared to have a phone where I couldn't hear callers through the earpiece. When I first could only barely hear places like my bank through the earpiece, I thought my phone might be broken and I was thinking of calling Apple. But, I then thought about the plastic still covering the phone, and reluctantly took it off to see if that would make a difference. And, sure enough, it did, and I was able to hear reasonably well with the earpiece again, although I think that particular volume was louder with my 4S.

As for the 6 Plus itself, it does seem really big for a phone to me. I hold it in one hand and type with the other, and I sometimes really have to reach, especially when going up to the top left of the phone to hit the back button. And, when using the KNFB Reader app and trying to balance and hold the phone way above the page, I was kind of afraid I might drop the thing.

But, hopefully, I'll get used to using this phone in time, and thus holding and using it will just seem natural. I've already set everything on my 4S back to factory defaults, just so I wouldn't, like today, be tempted to use it while here at home, rather than using my new 6 Plus. After all, it was my choice to upgrade to this new phone after three years with my old one, doing so for the whatever camera improvements are available, as well as for the better battery life.