Hi Nancy,

Yes, telling SIRI to dial a number and then speak the number is a
work-around. However, this does not solve the problem of having to dial
numbers once a call is connected.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nancy Badger
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 5:30 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Touchtones getting stuck on iPhone 6+

Hello,
Just a question: would using Siri to dial the numbers be a workaround for
this?
Nancy

Nancy Badger, Ph.D
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Student Services
UT Chattanooga
Sent from my iPhone with dictation software. Please excuse spelling errors.

> On Oct 7, 2014, at 11:56 AM, Beverly <reesesw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The only thing that seems to work for me is to touch the number again. If
I am making a call I have to delete the last number.

<terrieiph...@gmail.com>

that works is to turn the phone off.
> RRIE
>

>> On Oct 7, 2014, at 9:37 AM, Mike Arrigo <n0...@charter.net> wrote:
>>
>> This was a known issue with IOS 8, for some users the 8.02 update has
resolved it, for others it's still happening. Think I will stick with IOS 7
for a while yet.

backup. I say 'am restoring' since the phone still tells me it is restoring
on the lock screen even after several days.

>>> the backup is from my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2 and all looks basically
well except for a very serious issue with the phone keypad both when dialing
a phone number or dialing when on a call already.

>>> What happens is that at any given time, (without warning) keys on the
phone keypad will in essence, stick, so that the tone for said keys will
continue to play after I have released my finger. I have never seen this
issue before through years of using the iPhone. The only ways I have found
to stop these tones (once started) are:

>>> 1 try double-tapping the key in question once again. Sometimes however,
this will play the tone for the key again which interferes with either the
phone number I am dialing or the phone directory system I am entering data
into.

>>> 2 closing the phone app. this sometimes works and sometimes does not.
>>
>>> 3 If all else fails I have needed to completely restart the phone to get
the tones to stop being played.

>>> Just as a reference, I have my keyboard settings set to touch typing.
>>
>>> Obviously the above behavior is completely unacceptable and quite
serious. So I would have expected to see others commenting on this here. So
unless I am the only one seeing this, has anyone else had this happen to
them at all?

>>> Thanks so much to you All and I hope you are having a wonderful day!
>>
>>> Smiles,
>>
>>> Cara :)
>>
>>> ---
>>> iOS design and development - LookTel.com <http://www.looktel.com>
>>> ---
>>> View my Online Portfolio at:
>>
>>> http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn
<http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn>

>>> Follow me on Twitter!
>>
>>> https://twitter.com/ModelCara <https://twitter.com/ModelCara>
>>> --
>>> The following information is important for all members of the viphone
list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have
any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel
that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for
this list can be searched at
<http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/>.
>>> ---
Groups "VIPhone" group.